Nostalgia
There is no one across the street on that night when I was strolling on a sidewalk; an endless chain of thoughts about him follows me everywhere. It is not that easy to go beyond the silence within and outside without shutting the doors of the past behind.
cul-de-sac
I trip over
my shadow
failed haiku, A Journal of English SenryuVolume 5, Issue 57
----------
forest stroll I step into the fireflies galaxy
failed haiku (Personal Best)- A Journal of English SenryuVolume 5, Issue 55
----------
self-isolation
I make peace
with distant stars
failed haiku A Journal of English Senryu Volume 5, Issue 53
--------
leftover loaf
he wraps it up
in yellow pages
end of summer
the faded grass stains
on her back
a refugee baby
curls up into a ball
frost moon
rusty bench —
the wear and tear
of summer dreams
winter solstice —
he snuggles under
the clouds of breath
monsoon stroll
his footprints leave behind
the rain puddles
homelessness —
the hollow trunk stuffed
with fallen leaves
----------------
dawn’s sharp edges
stumbling into sunlight
a blind beggar
JH
chaotic wind howls
about the empty bowl
HA
hailstorm
the clatter
of coins in a tin
JH
stomach rumbling
passing through the dark alley
HA
night journey
stepping into a puddle
of deeper darkness
JH
finding nowhere
the footsteps of my ancestors
HA
John Hawkhead & Hifsa Ashraf
failed haiku, A Journal of English Senryu Volume 5, Issue 50
reflecting
on my anonymity
hazy day
----
broken vows
I bury wilted tulips
in the snow
failed haiku, A Journal of English Senryu Volume 5, Issue 50
----------------
hope
deep silence
the flickering fireflies
unfold my story
------------------
flashbacks
failed haiku, A Journal of English Senryu Volume 5, Issue 50
----------------
hope
The ripples in the lake are getting wider and deeper when your voice suddenly stop me to throw more pebbles. I turn around and look at the grassy path for a glimpse of yours. We explored this path together when we met here for the first time. I can hear the laughter and the love songs that whisper in my ears. I am not giving up, not even the evening breeze stop touching my soul, not even the purple sky turn into black, not even the dark shadows grasp me from my back.
deep silence
the flickering fireflies
unfold my story
------------------
flashbacks
After shifting to a new house near the main city park, I resumed my evening walk, where I daily pass through a rough trail surrounded by the canopy of eucalyptus trees that ceases all my senses and I cannot move an inch. Luckily, I pass through a therapeutic experience every time when I close my eyes, take a deep breath to catch the whiff of balmy wind crossing through these trees. It is the moment of being disconnected from the present life and deeply connected with what I have left behind.
winter solitude
the endless trail
of memories
------------------
feng shui
A new season always brings challenges that affect my life deeply. Summer is around the corner, I am not yet ready to welcome it. The living area requires more changes, make it more soothing in this extreme weather. I grab a painting brush and with gentle strokes get some ideas.
rearranging
my dreams
koi pond
failed haiku, A Journal of English Senryu Volume 5, Issue 49
No comments:
Post a Comment