Friday, July 10, 2026

Kizuna Mag, 2026

Many thanks to Mariko Kitakubo, President of the Tan-ku Association, Japan, for publishing my Tan-ku in Kizuna Magazine, Issue 04. It is an honour to collab with some great poets.

Change of Mind 


seeing you depart

from the haveli roof 

I caress

the heart-shaped henna tattoo

fading in my palm


distant mountains

I see clearly through

the rolling fog


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan 

Christine L. Villa, USA

------


The Turning Point 


spring breeze 

falling cherry petals

caress her cheeks

as she nods yes 

to her lover 


midnight shadows

the promises whispered

within close doors


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan 

Christine L. Villa, USA






-----

Salvation 


setting sun

above the baobab tree 

held awhile

in my eyes

an old grief 


night vigil
the sand grains
press into my knees


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan
Ibrahim Nureni, Nigeria




-------

Between sunshine and shadows 


talhi shadow

in the courtyard

still lingering 

the tiny footsteps 

from our childhood 


muslin cover

gran’s sweet and sour pickle 

full of sunshine


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan 

Arvinder Kaur, India






-------

Scented Breeze 


drifting through 

the central courtyard

jasmine fragrance

when i follow 

your whispers 

 

a breeze entices

with subtle hints

sweet seduction


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan

Paul Callus, Malta





------

Rippling 


drifting gondola
through the Grand Canal
my daydream

of soaring on

the ancient wind 


reflections in the water

the echo of time

cradles me 


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan

Oscar Luparia, Italy







-----

Shared Sky 


Baisakhi day

in the family field

dhol beats

and our bhangra 

fading all differences 


across the border

mustard fields bloom

the land of my ancestors


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan

Neena Singh, India




---------

Unfading 


Ramadan moon

through the train window 

a lingering smile

that stays with me

mile after mile 


your words I keep 

the warmth

of twilight


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan

Maryam Qureshi, Pakistan 





------

Conviction 


muezzin's call

drifts through the city haze 

a silent prayer

quivering on my lips

for the inner peace 


a little longer

I remain bowed...

lingering rain


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan 

Fatma Zohra Habis, Algeria  

----


Worn Smooth 


sharp edges

pieces of broken glass

rolled by the waves...

even the sea learns slowly

how to soften what cuts


twilight sky—

I stir the silence

into my tea


Fatma Zohra Habis, Algeria 

Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan 






------


Turning Light 


morning stroll

along the River Thames 

against the flow

I listen to thoughts

I never shared 


Millennium wheel

through a Kaleidoscope 

the sun's take


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan

Robert Kingston, UK


-----


Echoes in Motion

two seagulls

circling anticlockwise

around Big Ben 

this deep longing 

to turn back time 


one leg on, one off

the playground roundabout 

paused for new riders 


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan

Robert Kingston, UK








-------


Solitary Walk 


forest wind

on my path—

this urge

to let go of

what no longer matters 


leaf litter—

the crunch whets

my appetite  


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan

Sherry Reniker, USA





-------


The Way Back 


evening stroll

across the sky

budding stars—

I keep humming

a childhood lullaby


friends reunion

on the kindergarten carousel

pink moon


Hifsa Ashraf, Pakistan  

Beata Czeszejko, Poland






Published in facebook, Kinzuna Mag, https://www.facebook.com/share/v/19AKun2npJ/


No comments:

Post a Comment