Long Weekend
I wake up to the first winter rain in the morning, cold and surreal. I open the bedroom window and breathe in and out deeply. The smell of rain is mixed up with both petrichor and half-buried leaves, not a pleasant one. It makes me reminisce about past times; I sit back and think of the time when I was a child. I used to play with other kids in the rain, stamping on fallen leaves, and jumping over the puddles, screaming at the mud splashes on our tidy clothes until mom caught us and took us back to the cozy living room near the fireplace. A gust of cold air bangs the window twice, a flash of lightning in my eyes, making me blind and still for a moment. I take a deep sigh and close the window, letting the tiny droplets settle on its glass. After a short while, the droplets start connecting with each other before sliding down leaving me behind to oscillate between present and past.
family house visit switching to the off-guard mode
https://drifting-sands-haibun.org/wp-content/uploads/2025/03/Issue-31.pdf

No comments:
Post a Comment